Clinic and Lab Testing
At Bargara Beach Holistic Health Centre we carry out a range of tests to help analyse your current state of well-being.
Some tests are carried out in the clinic, others are done through a laboratory.
See the lists below for further information on the types of tests available:
- Oxidative Stress (OS) : Finger-prick blood analysis to check for imbalance between free radical production and the existing anti-oxidant capacity of your body. OS can lead to, or accelerate, the progress of disease. OS detection therefore allows the development of intervention strategies which can contribute to the delay in progression of a disease and may improve health outcomes.
- Vitality, Longevity and Ageing (VLA, $85) : measurement of fat and lean tissue mass. VLA measures the key parameters of body composition which enables monitoring of fat loss/muscle gain protocols.
- Naturopathic Physical Observations : All physical signs help us to assess your health. These include hair, skin, nails, tongue, ears etc
- Blood Pressure Check
- Zinc Test
Cardiovascular Profile (cholersterol, Triglycerides, HDL/LDL, LP(a), APO A, APO B, High Sensitivity CRP, Urine Catecholamines, Renin/Aldosterone, Homocysteine)
Coeliac Profile (Gliadin IgA and IgG, Transglutaminase Abs)
Thyroid Profiles (TSH, T3, T4)
Thyroid Extensive Profile (TSH, T3, T4, Thyroid Tissue Antibodies, Thyroid Receptor Antibodies, Reverse T3)
Diabetic Profile (Glucose, HbA1c, Urine Albumin, Urine Protein)
A variety of metals testing is available as shown in the list below.
Prices range from $30.60 to $65.00 per test, depending on requirements.
Prices range from $23.60 to $75.75 per test, depending on requirements.
Active Vitamin B12
Vitamin D (1,25 OH)
Folate (Red Cell)
Gastrointestinal Tract Tests (Gut)
- Complete Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) Level 1
- 3 Day Parasitology
- Helicobacter pylori Stool Antigen (HpSA)
Hormone Profiles (male and female)
- 2 & 16 Urinary Oestrogen Metabolites
- Adrenal Hormone Profile
- Baseline Hormone Profile – Female (E1, E2, E3, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA-S)
- Baseline Hormone Profile – Male (E1, E2, Testosterone, DHEA-S, Cortisol)
- Melatonin Hormone Profile
- Iodine SPOT
- Oesteoporosis Risk Assessment (Urinary Telopeptides – NTx)
MTHFR Gene Test
Toxic Effects CORESM Profile
Rebecca also compounds individualised nutritional formulas and herbal remedies.
A basic outline of what the I-Chroma tests can do is outlined below:
HCG – Early detection of pregnancy; detects levels of human chorionic gonadatrophin
TSH – Determines the function of the thyroid stimulating hormone; measures the function of the thyroid
Cortisol – Measures the concentration of cortisol in the human body; useful with clients who have metabolism issues and testing the state of adrenal glands
Testosterone – Measures testosterone concentration.
LH – Detects the lutenizing hormone; used as an aid in screening and monitoring fertility issues, function of reproductive organs and detection of ovulation.
FSH – Measures follicle stimulating hormones; high levels of FSH can be associated with sub-fertility or infertility.
T4 – Measures thyroxine; useful in diagnoses of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
PRL – Determines prolactin levels; helps diagnose hypothalamic-pituitary disorders; high levels are associated with galactorrhea and amenorrhea.
HBAIc – Measures the haemoglobin in Alc in the human blood; useful with patients that have diabetes
CRP – Measures the quantities of C-reactive protein levels; monitors autoimmune disease and infectious processes.
Ferritin – Measures your iron stores; useful for clients with iron deficiencies.
PCT – Tests levels of procalcitonin; useful in the diagnosis of bacterial infection and sepsis.
AFP – Indicator of testicular cancer; monitors post-treatment clinical status and post therapeutic evaluation; high levels have been found to be associated with carious diseases and cancers i.e. viral hepatitis, alcoholic cirrhosis